You do not have to be on any “diet” to be healthy. Preparing meals from foods as they come from nature, moving, and minimizing encounter with negativity are the ingredients for good health.
My approach is to promote your knowledge about Nutrition and Food Safety. Having this knowledge, will empower you to make food choices that are best for your health.
My areas of expertise: Gluten free foods, Weight Management, Diabetes, Heart Disease – Low Cholesterol/Low Sodium, Regular Healthy Eating.
My credentials include:
- Ph.D. in Education – Capella University
- Master’s of Public Health, Nutrition Program – New York University
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist – Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist – New York State
- Early Intervention Provider – New York State
- Certified with National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation ServSafe(R) Instructor and Proctor
My career as a Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist has spanned:
- Consultant – provide Medical Nutrition Therapy in all areas of dietetics, Food Safety trainings, and develop educational web sites to help people learn about nutrition, http://learn-nutrition.com
- Teaching – Taught nutrition, food safety and health classes in college settings.
- Home Care – Early Intervention Program. Provided nutrition assessment and counseling to pediatric patients with complicated medical problems.
- Critical care – provided inpatient and outpatient nutritional assessment and counseling in the inner-city hospital.
- Long term care – managed care of nursing home residents, including nutritional assessment and intervention, and re-feeding program.
Thank you for visiting my blog,
Svetlana Gertsenshteyn, PhD, MPH, RD, CDN